Marrar Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Marrar (2652) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Far South West, New South Wales. It is about 370 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Marrar is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Marrar was 169 and is comprised of approximately 50.3% females and 49.7% males.

The median/average age of the population of Marrar is 31 years of age.

90.0% of people living in the suburb of Marrar were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% England.

95.9% of people living in Marrar speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Marrar is 42.0% Catholic, 22.5% Anglican, 18.9% No religion, 8.3% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.3% Uniting Church.

51.2% of people are married, 33.3% have never married and 7.0% are divorced and 4.7% are separated. There are 5 widowed people living in Marrar.

61.8% of the people living in Marrar over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 19.1% are working on a part time basis. Marrar has an unemployment rate of 4.4%.

The main occupations of people living in Marrar are 21.2% Machinery operators & drivers, 19.7% Technicians & trades workers, 13.6% Community & personal service workers, 9.1% Professionals, 9.1% Sales workers, 9.1% Managers, 9.1% Clerical & administrative workers, 9.1% Labourers.

The main industries people from Marrar work in are 18.2% Transport, postal and warehousing, 13.6% Construction, 13.6% Education and training, 9.1% Public administration and safety, 9.1% Information media and telecommunications, 9.1% Wholesale trade, 4.5% Accommodation and food services, 4.5% Arts and recreation services, 4.5% Retail trade.

41.5% of homes are fully owned, and 43.4% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 15.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $441 per week and the median household income is $918 per week.

The median rent in Marrar is $150 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1350 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Marrar postcode 2652

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Urunga 2455 -> North Coast -> New South Wales